Sunday, January 21, 2007

Furano Snowbohdo


Alright, I'm here and I'm riding. Had a great day on Saturday and got to ride with Seki from the hotel. How anyone can ride a 154 in thigh deep powder and stay on top the whole time is beyond me. He's good!
Rode the rest of the morning with some of the RPS crew and found some great powder stashes around the mountain. We left around 2ish and then headed back for night skiing. I had a great time back on a smaller board and got better at a few tricks. Had dinner at North Country.

Sunday was sunny (which is rare) so not much fresh snow but some great views of the volcano. The legs are definitely starting to feel it, hopefully after a few more days I'll be over the initial soreness!



Vending Machine Drinks Of The Day:
Saturday: Salon de Cafe - cold iced coffee, not bad! (after the initial surprise of getting a cold coffee)

Sunday: Aquarius - the english label said something about repairing my parched body, after a hard morning of riding that sounded like exactly what I needed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out that cover?!! My time in France weren't nothing never like that ow. Looks like you're set for a superb season eh? (thought you'd like the hearing - Invers enjoyed a Sunday of 27 degrees that Sunday just been!! TWENTY SEVEN degrees!! In Invergargill? Go figure)

hoon said...

you're like Frodo in Snowbohdo!