Thursday, January 18, 2007

Herro Tokyo!



I got into Tokyo about 4:30. Not really much to report, smooth sailing throughout the flight and all the customs jazz. I got away with 23kg of checked luggage so thanks to the friendly old guy in CHCH that checked me in! Had a chat to a nice old Dutch couple in Auckland and had to laugh when the lady said "veeeeird" like in Goldmember. Then they trundled off to board Business Class, nice for some!

No dramas at all finding the hotel, compared to last times mad rush through the subways to make it to the backpackers with 10 minutes to spare before we would have had to sleep outside. I suppose that's the convenience of an airport hotel though. Early night tonight and off to Hokkaido in the morning, where I'll finally get to see some snow.

"Vending Machine Drink Of The Day"
Sapporo Beer - I've had it before, but the novelty of buying it from a vending machine is brilliant!

No comments: