Wednesday, April 2, 2008

All the best intentions...



Well, on setting out on this trip I had great plans of updating frequently and showing lots of photos. That plan hit a massive downfall when Dell kindly decided that they didn’t want to sell me a laptop, even after they’d already taken my money. Apparently they won’t send it to you if you’re not living at a registered address. I’m sure we could have made it work, but the customer service rep was terrible so it’s their loss really. Anyway, thanks to a great deal of help from a friend of mine I’ve acquired a non-Dell laptop and can update with photos. My time in internet cafe’s always seemed to get chewed up on email updates and other things, rather than blog updates.

The last update was day 9, and I passed 50 days snowboarding the other day so there’s a lot to catch up on. This season has been one of the best on record for Fernie, so needless to say there has been a LOT of fresh snow days. There was a period of about 2 weeks without snow but other than that it’s been fairly consistent. I realise people back home will be expecting big things from me when I return, but the only way I can show off my (mildy improved) skills is by finding some steep terrain with fresh snow and tight trees!

Time for some photos to sum up the trip (click to enlarge):

Coming soon - photos from my 10-day trip to Lake Tahoe...

No comments: