Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tahoe Part 1



As promised, the Tahoe photos. I flew down to San Francisco for about 10 days of riding at a few of the resorts in Lake Tahoe. Managed to swing in a trip to the Burton 2009 sample product sale on the way from SF to Tahoe which was really cool, and picked up some new outerwear for prices that were unbelievably cheap.
We rode Boreal, Heavenly and Northstar with Northstar by far being my favourite of the resorts. Conditions were hot and slushy all day every day so there wasn't much time spent freeriding, pretty much just terrain park laps. Northstar's park setup is incredible, with so many features and an all-natural park (no plastic or metal, and the jumps shaped more like natural features) called The Stash as well.





We also managed a quick trip down to Mammoth as well, which was cool because I got to see where a good friend of mine spent a season a few years back. Again, more park runs and fun with a great crew.

Because Fernie has decided to close early, I've shuffled my flights and am heading back to Tahoe soon for the remainder of my time in North America.

1 comment:

hoon said...

nice pants.... get anything else?